Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last Panel Text From A Softer World: #3

They don’t believe in restraining orders.
Instead their culture uses very long poles to beat back people who irritate them. It is wonderful.

I am telling you Eleanor: Switzerland is fantastic and you are missing out by not being here with me. Those freelance tour guides I ran into put together this information packet for me, and they have taught me so much. For instance, I had no idea Switzerland had freelance tour guides until meeting them.

I know in your last email, you warned me against being taken advantage of while traveling alone. Well let me tell you: These guys are money well spent. They’ve been with me nearly every moment of my visit and I haven’t felt safer. They own an inn out in the countryside where I’ve been spending my nights; it’s a part of their long-term guest program.

OH! Interesting fun fact: The design of a traditional Swiss inn is quite similar to that of the common American basement. According to my guides, it was the former that actually inspired the latter.
The love they have for this nation is indeed infectious. The food is more enriching, the sky is more lucid, the trees are better; I see nothing that particularly marks them as different from the trees at home, but I swear to you, they are somehow just better trees than yours.

I have to go now, unfortunately; I may not be able to email back for quite some time. Apparently laptops are somewhat of a taboo in their society and I have been asked to turn it over to them for the remainder of my stay. I feel horrible for offending them, but they used the poles on me earlier as part of a ritual cleansing process so I believe we are pretty much even.

Also there was a doctor. He was there to make sure the poles only hit me in my non-vital areas.
Sincerely,
Reginald Grant

4 comments:

  1. I...I had to work so hard to fight the urge to end this post with
    "Sincerely, Reginald Grand."
    But let us face it, it is probably him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: I am refering to the guy from this post: http://alsotherewasadoctor.blogspot.com/2010/08/opening-line-by-friend-3-kyle-lafleur.html

    Also, Source: http://www.asofterworld.com/index.php?id=3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah screw it. I'm just gonna do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, poor Reginald. poor, poor Reginald. I feel for him, I really do.

    also, I like when captcha nonsense seems like it could be a word. for example, "froban."

    ReplyDelete