Monday, January 4, 2010

First Words Spoken In Episode 87 of This American Life

"So David was working, making his living as a uh...maid basically."
The crowd said nothing.
"And he um...he said that he'd write to you guys or something, so..." Danny looked at the ground. "I can tell you people don't believe me."
They remained expressionless, their stare silently fixed with Danny's fidgety movements onstage.
"Look, I didn't even want to be the messenger here. He sent me. I don't...I didn't even know any of you people until last week. I mean, yeah I lied before but...look the story is true. David is alive and he's doing exactly what I said." He stopped his hand from shaking. "If you don't believe me that's your...I'm sorry for interrupting your town meeting thing. I'm sorry. Mr. Mayor you can have your podium back." Danny stepped off the stage and started walking toward the back of the meeting hall.
"Danny, wait!" He heard a shout from behind him. He turned to see Jessica standing up, alternating between looking back at her parents on the stage, and at him.
"Yes?"
"He's...He's not a mayor. The correct term in this case would be town supervisor."
"Oh."
"Just thought I should clear that up."
"Sure, makes sense." Danny left the meeting hall as Jessica sat back down.
Also there was a doctor. He was half-asleep though, so he didn't really catch much of what had gone on in the last few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. By "Tomorrow", I may have been making a slight estimation. Hopefully see you on actual tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By "slight estimation", I may have meant to say "I was completely wrong in the comment I made in my last post, and actually completely mis-estimated, and I'm totally sorry it took me so long to get back to this. But yes, hopefully the actual tomorrow thing.

    ReplyDelete